First thing first, in order to know what to eat to lose weight, one must figure out his/her Basal Metabolic Rate (number of calories required to keep your body functioning at rest). For that, simply google the BMR calculator and fill in your age, weight, and height and get your maintenance calorie.
To begin with, my maintenance calorie is 1400. Usually, our body burns around 1380 calories per day on its own for, the movements we do. Next, to figure out the additional calories on my body, I take away 1380 from 1400, coming about into 20 additional calories.
So, if I burn 300 calories a day, my deficit would be 300 minus (-) 20 resulting in 280 calories. Presently, this 280 calories is my deficit and this is the amount I lose with my exercises. So, before you hop in to lose weight, compute yours to lose in the correct manner. Also, remember to perform effective exercises for weight loss at home to see the results sooner.
Here is what I eat to lose weight
1. Egg whites and vegetables is what I eat for breakfast to lose weight (around 8/9 am in the morning)
For breakfast, I eat around 2-3 egg whites and boiled vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, etc. This meal is around 250 calories. I additionally have lemon detox for breakfast, you can also switch to green tea. (I skip tea for my ailment.)
This is my second option for breakfast. At times, I have oats pancakes with a pinch of cinnamon, peanut butter, and a dash of honey. You can also add a banana to your diet plan.
2. Chapati and vegetables is what I eat for lunch to lose weight (around 12 pm in the noon)
Usually, my lunch consists of chapati, vegetables, and lentil. Together with this meal, you can consume a maximum of 600 calories.
Boiled sweet potatoes and asparagus
I also switch to boiled sweet potatoes and asparagus for my lunch. If you don’t like it boiled, you can also bake it.
At times, I also have a salad for lunch. Particularly, I take some cucumber, peas, carrot, and vinegar and add some spices to it.
3. A bowl of fruits
I eat a bowl of fruits for snacks but do not consume too much of it. Yes, it is natural but too many fruits in your diet do you no good.
In case I am short of fruits, I consume a small bowl of plain yogurt. A protein shake is also a great alternative.
4. Chicken and vegetables is what I eat for dinner to lose weight (around 7 pm in the evening)
For dinner, I have chicken breasts and boiled/roasted veggies such as broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, boiled potatoes, etc.
Fish is likewise a great option for dinner.
Here are other weight loss tips you need to know
1) Eat smaller portions but eat frequently.
2) Our body burns more calories while digesting unprocessed food compared to the processed ones. Regardless of whether the measure of calories contained is the equivalent, it has an enormous effect in light of the thermic effect.
3) Create a calorie deficiency: we as a whole can have cheat days, I for one have a great deal however, you need to burn all the more. For instance: you can eat a cake containing 600 calories but you need to burn that much more so, make sure to workout to lose that weight.
4) Similarly, have a detox after a heavy meal.
5) Likewise, say no to processed foods and keep your sugar intake low.
6) Lastly, distribute how you consume your meals for less hunger and greater energy levels.
Please note that you are in a sound health state before hopping into a new way of calorie limited eating routine. If not, it is constantly advised to converse with a GP for your personal health needs.
It’s a wrap!
So that is it! I hope you understood what to eat to lose weight. What do you think of the list? Also, do let me know in the comments below if you have a tip that you think should make it to this list.